View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 11:49 AM
Bomber0104

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Hoser View Post
Yes, hindsight shows we arguably could have made better choices in the 20-40 range 2 drafts ago. How could you even expect it to be any different?

If you're going to complain, at least find something reasonable to complain about. There's lots to pick from.
Hindsight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
I hate this Biggs pick. Not a fan at all.

Toronto didn't need a bruising 3rd line winger, they needed a skilled player capable of playing in the top 6.

I makes me even more angry that Burke gave up a solid 2nd round pick (39th) to move up to get Biggs.

He should've sat tight and took the best player available or traded up to get a player like McNeil (big skilled center)

He passed over players like Puempel, Rattie, Phillips, Namestnikov and even Grimaldi who have good offensive futures for another 3rd liner who's compared to Colby Armstrong.

In the process he dealt the 2nd round pick where we could have selected Percy (not worth 25th), Ritchie, Saad, Rask, Mayfield, Catenacci, Jenner or any other player who fell to him.

Terrible, terrible, terrible first round for the Maple Leafs.

Now we have to wait until the 3rd round (86th) to pick.

Stupid Burke is destroying this franchise with his stubborness to draft tough players over skilled. If he wanted to go this truculent route then I have no clue why he traded for Kessel.
Taken from a Biggs thread immediately after he was drafted.

Seems like some Leafs fans were very vocal about how bad of a first round it was.

The guy who wrote this post nailed it though.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote