View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 11:58 AM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
I don't really think it's possible to have Plekanec on our roster if the cap is $60 mil. It could be possible with $63 mil, but I think Booth would have to be traded away to afford it.

And if we get Plekanec, do we play him on the 2nd line and move Kesler to the wing, or do we have him center the 3rd line prevent Schroeder from getting a chance to play?

My thoughts exactly, and yes, Schroeder would likely get blocked. I like Pleks. I just don't think we can keep him even if he were dealt here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
As much as i love higgins and hansen, thats a very poor 2nd line. If youre going to play anybody on the 2nd line , its the players with higher upside and you hope they play to their potential (booth, etc) - cuz thats what needs to happen to win the cup

The potential guys would be Booth and Kassian. The middle 6 is up or debate really, as to who fits with who and which line should get more ice. The optimal scenario is to have both lines produce at a 2nd line rate. Similar to what BOS had/has with Peverly and Kelly on their 3rd line. We know Higgins, Kesler, Hansen and Booth can do it. The question remains can Schroeder and Kassian follow suit? If they can, look out.

Actually, if Higgins-Kesler-Hansen all produce at a 2nd line rate, how can that line be considered a "very poor 2nd line"?