View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 11:58 AM
mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman22 View Post
Word this weekend is that Day was recently watched in Pennsylvania and had a poor showing. Most likely will not get ES. Denis Yan born in Alaska and has gone back and forth to Russia, he will not get OHL status. The jury still out on Korostolev but it is still considered highly unlikely he will get OHL approval because of residency issues. Didn't help that he went back to Russia to recoup from injury.
Crouse ahead of Mackenzie. Strome and Stephens ahead of Speers.
Crouse maybe a better pick then Konecney. Strome best player inside the blue line. Stephens never a liability when on the ice. Plays behind the puck probably to much.

First year OHL players only get ice time if they contribute or they are not a liability.
Marner will be a late 2nd round pick as a possible investment.
Fantastic post !! I think the same thing about Crouse for the last month or so being a better prospect in the long run over Konecny. Its still something Im asking myself. I did point out what my worry's are about Konecny above. The Strome point inside the Offensive zone I cant argue with u there at all. Excellent decisions by Strome. Stephens also I agree with u, He is putting a huge emphasis on the defensive side and its taking away his most noticeable offensive attributes. Ive asked myself, is this him or the system he is dedicated too? I still have issues with his compete level. The Korostelev going back to Russia for 4 weeks doesnt look good, I agree. I still think Day gets ES. One poor showing shouldnt hurt him. If he doesnt get ES, he probably will play U18 and maybe even turn his back on the OHL and Team Canada. I think Hockey Canada wants him now to eliminate this risk. Sean Day looks completely bored out of his mind. Like he is playing with minor bantam kids. Ive heard Yan is going to play US NTDP next year. Yan would have been the best pure sniper in this draft ahead of Korostelev.