12-31-2012, 12:29 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatshype View Post
Short answer, yes.

He's been a problem on the Kings since he started there. They've sent him home on the middle of road-trips, issued team suspensions for arguing with coaches, he's demanded (and been denied) trades, etc. etc. Not only that, he was initially considered for Team USA at the London Olympics, but was ultimately sent packing (largely due to his behavioural issues). Don't forget that Team USA was criticized for only having 1 true Center on the roster, and they sent Cousins away. Then of course there is his history of bone-headed on-court suspensions for throwing elbows and the like.

And that's just the public stuff. Who knows what else goes on in the dressing room.

I've said it before, but the change of scenery Cousins' needs is NOT going to be found in Toronto. The team leadership structure of the Raps is even worse than the Kings, and Cousins' would likely be held even LESS accountable for his actions. He needs a guy like Kevin Garnett to whip him into shape.

I don't even know if that would help. Like you said, he had a spot to lose on Team USA and he did end up losing it. If those players and coach K couldn't straighten him out for a couple weeks at camp, I don't hold out much hope for anyone else in the NBA being able to do so. He's just too wrapped up in his own little world where he doesn't feel the need to be accountable for his actions.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.