Thread: Proposal: Bruins - Oilers
View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 01:51 PM
Oates2Neely

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
It was obvious to everyone who followed the Oil last year that Smyth was played way too hard in the first half of the year. He burnt himself out. Hence going from his 30 goal pace to scoring 20. I think he absolutely would have had a more consistent season if given less time overall, like he would get on Boston.

And to respond to Lucic and Horton being just as good in front of the net as Smyth, they are both more valuable players all around, and that's not arguable, but Smyth in front of the net on the powerplay is magic. Not only is he almost immovable, his stick work is unparalleled, and neither Lucic or Horton can come close there.

I'm not advocating this trade, I don't think it makes sense for either team really, but I don't see how Smyth can't fit on the Bruins, like you're claiming.

Oilers gave him a NTC I'm pretty sure anyway.
I didn't say he doesn't fit.

To acquire Smyth Would require Boston to give up an asset. He's paid more than Caron so it'd cost the Bruins more in salary. I dont think Smyth is that much more of an upgrade over Caron at this stage of his career. Not enough considering the above points. The 2013-14 season I believe one or more of Knight Spooner Koko will be ready for Boston, what does Chia do with Smyth then? Especially with the cap expected to drop to $60m.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote