View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 01:34 PM
TheFountainhead
Red Nation

vCash: 500
Last night's game got a 44.6 rating in the DC area (and monstrous ratings all over Virginia and strong ratings into Northern Maryland and Baltimore). That DC number is insane, especially when you consider the fact that it was a home game (85,000 people in the stadium, another few thousand tailgaters), and that generally siphons off an appreciable percentage of the ratings simply because it subtracts a high number of households that would otherwise be watching the game at home.

Nationally, the game got a 18.3 rating with a 30 share, smashing the rating the Giants and Boys got last season in their win-and-in finale, and it also was the highest number NBC's ever gotten for any regular season football game in the history of their network. It was also the highest rated regular season game on any network in any time slot in about two decades.

I'm saying all this to say that you should expect the Redskins to play games in prime-time next year........... a lot. Incredibly dynamic qb that could quite possibly be the most popular player in the league right now, galvanized storied franchise with huge fanbase in a large market in the most significant division in sports = this America, "allow me to reintroduce myself, my name is......."

We're back EXACTLY where we belong in terms of national prominence. We're back EXACTLY where we belong in terms of being competitive within the division. The future is as bright as the sun, and I must say, it feels good.