Thread: Speculation: If the cap drops...
View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 01:39 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Sorry if this shouldn't be its own thread. Didn't know where else to put it. As a fan of another team, the Hawks situation intrigues me. If the cap does drop, I'm assuming you guys would have to move a big contract. If that is the case who would be the most realistic option? I don't think Hossa or Keith's contracts could be moved, at least not for the return you guys would want. I don't see either of Toews, Kane or Seabrook being moved since I see those guys as the core of your team.

IMO that leaves a guy like Sharp. Who is primarily a winger, on a team that has 2 other elite wingers and a couple of top-notch prospect wingers. Would it be accurate to assume he'd be the guy to go? Or would the Hawks attempt to move a few other lower level pieces so they can keep the top guys together?
I sure as hell hope moving a top guy is not even a consideration. If we need to cut cap, it starts with Montador and Frolik, that's over 5M right there. Also consider that we have rookies coming up at all positions. Crawford could be moved too. There are plenty of options.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote