View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 02:06 PM
nki

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
there might be the odd scout out there who likes him at one but say each NHL team has 3 scouts and has seen the top guys play,

-Nathan would be 1 on 85 plus and top 2 in all 90
-Seth might be 1 on the other 5 (that's a stretch though) and top 2 in 88 or so
-Barkov in top 3 of 50 maybe, top 5 in all
-Drouin in top 3 of just a little under where Barkov is
-Lindholm in top 5 of a few less, but with size and defensive awareness might be picked over a guy like Drouin depending on how an NHL team thinks the 2 will translate in NHL players

that's how I see it going down.
I imagine most will still have Seth and Nathan in the top 2, after that though I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of variance among different teams with the group you named.

The way I see it, if you do a kind of a shortish report on what kind of a player they project to, what sets them apart...in no order:

MacKinnon:
- skating
- skill
- compete

Jones:
- size/reach
- athletic abillity
- ability to dictate/control flow of the game from backend

Barkov:
- size
- hockey IQ/vision

Drouin:
- skill
- hockey IQ/vision

Lindholm
- compete
- hockey IQ/vision

That's a very rough guideline, but I expect Nathan and Seth to go 1-2 after that though it will kind of depend on what type of player a team favors. Personally I'd be inclined to go Lindholm, I think he has the best hockey IQ in the entire draft, I love that he competes, that he goes to the dirty areas, his vision is fantastic and he has a decent enough size and skill level, his skating is decent as well, it's hard to find a fault in him. He has the three things that I love in spades - hockey IQ, compete level, and the desire to go to the dirty areas, attack the net and create havoc. I don't think he's as naturally skilled as Drouin or as physically dominant as Barkov, but as a package I love what he brings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
4 WJC games and everyone's a pro scout.
Don't you mean an amateur scout?

nki is offline   Reply With Quote