View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 04:21 PM
ps241
atta boy JMo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Idk about you guys but Scheifele is starting to worry me. The way he gets pounded game after game is concerning. It's good to go hard and compete, but he needs to start finding a way to dodge some of these checks. He will not last long in the NHL if he gets punished like this on a game in game out basis.

Yakupov to me is nothing special. I do not like his style at all. I haven't watched him a tonne so I guess my opinion isn't written in stone, nor should it be relied upon. However the games I have seen of him haven't wowed me at all. I would much rather have a guy like Nichushkin who seems to grind it out more like a Canadian guy.
Agree on Mark with an asterisk (of coarse )

Part of why hey eats shots is he is willing to pay the price and compete no matter what it takes and I love that about him. However I don't want to have a Buck Pierce part 2.

I think one solution is he needs to get up to about 210 pounds in the next 2 or 3 years and continue to improve his skating and then pick his battles just a bit more. his "give to take" ratio is better this year than last but he does take too many shots. size, strength, and better skating will help him elude and absorb contact better. He will need to be coached on this area of his game as well. I want to see him continue to compete in the dirty areas but he will need to get bigger.

Yak is not looking good ar all.......for now I will look at it as a captain on home soil who is forcing it AWAY too much. Very individualistic and easy to shut down today.