View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 03:24 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Ya, the larger ice was supposed to make it harder to get hit, with more room to move, but Scheifele seemed to play a bit better on the smaller ice with the Canada/Russia summer challenge - playing a physical game.

But i'm not that concerned, tbh. I think Scheifele will play a slightly different game in the NHL. Ideally, his pre-season form will be what he develops into (impacting the game in the same way with his vision and skill, but against better competition). He'll use his 2-way game more, creating offensive chances while showing sound defensive positional play.

I don't think he'll be as physical in the NHL, as he's trying to be at the WJC. Right now he's doing the dirty work, battling on the boards to get pucks to Nuge, or going to the net/standing in the slot looking for a shot (or rebound) opportunity - like his goal today. On TC, he's got the size to play that role, but in the NHL, i don't see him playing that way.

Guess i'm saying he's a shooter (goal scorer) this tournament, but normally a playmaker (assist machine) in junior hockey and likely in the NHL. That's why it likely makes sense to pair him with a shooter like Kane in the NHL, vs having him be the trigger man. Just my 2 cents.
Good post Bob

Maybe let's mash our ideas