View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 03:35 PM
scotchex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix and Stones View Post
Were you at the Bills game? I was and I'm not a fan, the same can be said for the person I was with. Our tickets were free as were many others around us. Imagine how few there were that actually paid. The stadium was maybe 75% filled.

Our row even got a free Bills toque. 24.95 value. So it was sort of worth attending afterall.
The Bills aren't Toronto's team. Toronto considers itself in a class above Buffalo. It's the biggest, most powerful, most important city in Canada. Buffalo isn't the most important city in it's own state.

If the Bills relocated to Toronto and became the Toronto Bills (or something else) -- fan interest would explode overnight.

It'd be like if the San Diego Chargers had a deal to play some games in LA. LA considers itself above San Diego. LA wants its own team, not the scraps from a smaller, lesser city.

What's holding up an NFL team in Toronto is politics -- not economics or fan interest. An NFL team in Toronto is a mortal threat to the CFL. Toronto would benefit but the rest of Canada would suffer -- at least that's what they fear.

scotchex is offline   Reply With Quote