View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 05:53 PM
surixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Idk about you guys but Scheifele is starting to worry me. The way he gets pounded game after game is concerning. It's good to go hard and compete, but he needs to start finding a way to dodge some of these checks. He will not last long in the NHL if he gets punished like this on a game in game out basis.

Yakupov to me is nothing special. I do not like his style at all. I haven't watched him a tonne so I guess my opinion isn't written in stone, nor should it be relied upon. However the games I have seen of him haven't wowed me at all. I would much rather have a guy like Nichushkin who seems to grind it out more like a Canadian guy.
I imagine the plan is to send Mark to Gary Roberts camp this summer similar to what they did with Lowry last year. I imagine he didnt go last year because the Jets probably didn't think he was phsically ready at that point and secondly they didn't want to put him through that intense a program after the long year he had the previous year. All in all im not that concerened, as has been mentioned he probably wont be playing as much of a trench/grinding role in the NHL as well I have no doubt that Mark will continue to improve his balance and strength over the next few years given his work ethic and character.