View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 05:55 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrdevil View Post
I don't think it will nearly as much damage as you believe. Especially since it doesn't look like thenleague is going to lose the playoffs, which is almost the only thing that matters. By the time the playoffs come around thisnwill be forgotten about by and large.

Missing the first couple months due to a lockout is better than missing the same amount of time dur to a late season players strike with it wiping out the playoffs.
Assuming the league doesn't blow up over the next two weeks, I don't know how bad it'll be among the fans. It might be worse among sponsors and network execs, which'll have a trickle-down effect on the popularity of the game.

I do think some fans will protest for a while but ultimately losing less than half a season isn't really worth walking away for good, even if it is the 'third' prolonged work stoppage, it wouldn't be nuclear at least. The rumored free Center Ice the rest of the season would be a good start to at least throwing out an olive branch toward the fans watching and a way to reach the casual fan who normally doesn't.

Now if they do blow it up next two weeks, all bets are off.

NJDevs26 is online now   Reply With Quote