View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 04:56 PM
Mahox
Noncontroversial

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
What a shocker. I had Finland top 3 going into the tournament. Sometimes a team just doesn't click or loses some close ones that make a difference. Very hard to believe that a team with as much individual talent as this doesn't make it through. I feel bad for you guys. This age group had do much promise. And to have Sweden officially knock you out must sting even worse. Good luck next year.
Thanks for that nice and classy message
I actually tried to upvote your comment (too much time on ******)

I honestly still think we could have made it to the finals if we would've gotten through to the quarter finals. The potential was there but the team didn't click after the pre-games. Maybe the success in those games made the players over confident.

There's always next year, the most important thing would of course be to get a competent head coach.
The defensive core is a year older and we only lose Lindbohm if you only count the good ones and he didn't really have that good of a tournament.

Offense is a bit more troubling with the loss of Armia, (who admittably is only awesome when he chooses to be and useless the rest of the time) Salomäki, Ma. Granlund (who honestly wasn't that good but who can score every now and then) and Aaltonen.
Hopefully some new youngsters will take their place and some 94, 95 or 96 born player will have their breakthrough next year. Barkov, Teräväinen and Lehkonen being a year older might lead to some awesomeness, one can at least hope

Last edited by Mahox: 12-31-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Mahox is offline   Reply With Quote