View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 05:03 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
I don't know what you're trying to say. Not enough games for USA Hockey? He's played U18. If you mean he hasn't played enough games to be ready for the tournament, he's been playing for Wisconsin since November 30th. He was ready, willing and able. And needed to be honest.
He played 6 games with Wisconsin. 6 games. They had to beleive he wasn't ready enough 'cause he was invited to their evalution camp and was clearly good enough to be on that team. Or he looked incredibly awful during the said camp which doesn't seem like it was the case whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Brain Presence View Post
Can't believe some of the comments on here.

U.S. is an "awful" team (you know, the one that outshot Canada)

U.S. is "one of the weaker teams" (kind of like Latvia lite)

U.S. has two potential NHLers.

The people who said these things have to be either kidding or incredibly stupid.
US has been awful offensively against power teams. Outshooting a team is not necessarily a sign of being a powerhouse...I keep reading this here....Nobody is also saying they are Latvia like. As far as the potential NHLers, well to each their analysis. I also don't believe it. Gibson, Trouba, Galchenyuk are the obvious names. Then you throw in Miller who will make it, Hartman who will also make it, Jones, I have a lot of faith in Reilly despite his size and a few 4th line pluggers along the way, you might reach close to 8-10. But it comes down to much lower if you count potential very good and important ones. But to each their own analysis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Wow! I guess some of you are indirectly calling me out based on what I posted earlier today.

Yes, he's putting up points. Yes, his linemates have sucked. Yes, he should be playing center. Yes, Housley has barely played him.

The bottom line, to me, is this: Against Germany, in the first 25 minutes, he was dominant. Everything was on display: the great shot, the terrific passing, the ''predator'' in the offensive zone as some have called him here, etc.

He hasn't been at that level since. Not even close.

Saying it is not ''a sign that we'll run him out of town'' or that ''Montreal fans are impossible to please'' or ''we are being too hard on him.''

It's just a fair assessment of his play right now. Period.
Can't say this better myself. I remember one of the greatest poster here first tweet about Gally during that tournament that he was about to bash Housley for making Kuraly and Barber the 2 players Gally was playing with, yet, they immediately scored. Well, the idea is that it was still a bad idea, just that the opposition made it look like a good one. But he has the number of points he has. Kudos to him, a good tournament so far....that can only improve let's wish if Housley gives him more icetime on a different line combination.

Hey Dubnyk looked better than Bernier at the Spengler Cup....who thinks he's the best goalie for the future?