View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 06:24 PM
Larionov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
Oh, it was ugly, alright. I was there this afternoon, and you could just feel that the roof was going to cave in. This is what young, bad teams do - they find a way to lose games that the opposition is trying desperately to give them. 67's blew three separate two goal leads, on home ice no less. Kingston played an uninspired game, especially in the second, and got spotty goaltending, but Ottawa still managed to lose.

When they lose Ceci and Graovac to trades in the next ten days, this team is going to get even worse, if that is possible. Ceci was their best player today by a considerable margin. Graovac was strong on the puck, which you can't say for most of their players. Didn't notice Monahan much - he looked a little "off".

You also can't win getting goaltending like Jacob Blair gave today. I know the kid is young, but he is in the OHL for a reason, presumably. When you have a two goal lead in the third period, you HAVE to shut the door. Again, when your team is young and outmanned on some nights, you need your goaltender to step up.

Good news - the 67s will be STRONG contenders for that #1 overall pick. I can't see us passing Peterborough once the fire sale is over...

Larionov is offline   Reply With Quote