View Single Post
12-31-2012, 06:30 PM
vCash: 500
I was right about the top 3 ranked teams, but only had 5 of the 6 advancing correct. Finland was a disaster, but I thought that pool was going to be tougher than many thought. I believe I was right about Finland's talent level, but they just didn't perform well. It happens. Czechs have met my pre-tournament expectations.

I don't see Switzerland beating Russia, so Russia vs Sweden seems an inevitable semi. Czech vs USA should be interesting. I would guess many will see this as an easy opponent for USA, I don't know if that's the case. USA looked much better against Slovakia, but they didn't put up much of a fight. They admitted being satisfied with beating Germany. The expectations have certainly lowered in Slovakia. Having last change could help the Czechs a little, but USA is still the favorite, even as a third seed. Good luck to both squads, but I think whoever wins will end up in the Bronze medal game. Canada finally had their full roster against Russia and they look too good. I don't really want to face USA again because losing is a huge motivator and Gibson is fully capable of stealing a game.

Nash is offline   Reply With Quote