View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 07:04 PM
Everest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
Honestly I was not concentrating on the game in the third period so I may have missed some nice saves. I should have mentioned that earlier.

I'd like to make it clear that nowhere in this thread have I said Dubnyk played badly, I just don't think that adjectives like "unreal" and "sensational" apply. He was fine against mostly outmatched and inferior teams - as he should be. I'm certainly not going to rate that as a big surprise.

Unlike say Schneider (who got lit up by team Canada) Dubnyk barely had to face any NHL shooters. Kane was practically invisible and Hornqvist and Talbot didn't scare anybody either.
Doobie did his job. I thought it was re-assuring to how much better he was than some of the other Club Team 'tendys.

Canada had some blowout wins by and large because they were shooting against 3rd tier goalies in comparison to what the NHL guys see in a non-lockout year.

As for your concern about Dobbie facing "non NHL shooters"...come on...anyone who watched a few of the games in Davos had to see several non-NHL players shooting the puck actually BETTER than a lot of NHLers shoot the puck.

But on the other hand...I think the NHL game develops faster/more complicated offence and its a different kind of challenge for a goalie to face than multiple breakaways like what Dobbie stopped in the Spengler Cup.

He did better than guys like Turco have done in the past...I knpow that much

Everest is offline   Reply With Quote