View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 07:09 PM
seafoam
Do The Panic

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimyrmidon View Post
Based on what other posters have mentioned, it's his shot and not his skills that stands out. Anyways, based on descriptions, it sounds like he resembles Erik Cole or Max Pacioretty, which is fine. For some reason, however, many Rangers fans on other boards (e.g. NHL.com) were pencilling him as the Calder Cup winner.

I don't see why some on here feel the need to defend him tooth and nail as if he were considered a prospect like Huberdeau, Tarasenko, Granlund or Kuznetsov. I've noticed that many of his staunchest defenders aren't defending him against posters claiming he will bust, they're defending him against posters trying to moderate expectations, which indicates they truly believe he's justifiably some elite prospect. Looking at other prospects from around the NHL, I'd have to disagree.

Don't worry JT Miller. You're up next.
I know his shot is very good, his shot is the highlight of his skillset. I never considered him and elite prospect within the conversation of Huberdeau, Tarasenko, Granlund or Kuznetsov. I think it was rag$ fans who were doing that if anyone. I just feel like some people are totally writing him off.

seafoam is online now   Reply With Quote