View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 11:37 PM
adsfan

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=BradD;56875731][QUOTE=du5566;56875657]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
Do you have any other team to cut that isn't a contender? I am looking at the list and every other team is a contender or is growing profits. You could maybe cut Buffalo or St. Louis. I understand Minnesota is hockey country but the Wild are most certainly not.

This thread was talking about how many teams should be in the NHL. I said there should be 26. The other reasonable conclusion was 28.

We're not saying the NHL is going to do this or should, we're saying HOW MANY teams should be in the NHL.

I said there shouldn't be a Columbus, Dallas, Florida, Nashville, or Phoenix. I stick by that point. All markets are super weak for hockey or already have another team in the market (see Tampa). There is no need to have TWO hockey teams in Florida.

Carolina and Tampa Bay have built their own. I highly doubt that, even if a team like Florida won the Cup, fans would stick around.

Money wise it is better short term for the NHL, yes, but when these teams start tanking even more it's going to be a huge problem. Dallas has upside and so does Florida, but teams like Nashville and Columbus are ridding themselves of all viable players. They need to not be in the NHL.
So Shea Weber isn't a viable NHL player? And Pekka Rinne, maybe he should be playing in the ECHL? You are thrashing in the quicksand Brad!

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote