View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 10:47 PM
PAZ

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
Barrie is not better than Elliott until he proves it at the NHL level.
Barrie played better overall last year in the brief NHL stint. Elliot showed flashes of brilliance and has a higher upside for sure, but imo they are completely different players. Sure they're both offensive d-man, but that's where it ends. Barrie is more NHL ready and is more of a PMD, a la Shatty or Liles. I'm not going to get into specifics of what he'll become, but that's the type of game he plays. Imo, I think Barrie has a better chance to making the NHL than Elliot.

Elliot seems to rush the puck a lot more and has an amazing wrister, but he has more things to work on before he's NHL ready. Elliot in a sense is more of a project, I don't see him as a 1st pairing defenseman either, but I can see him as a solid #3/4 offensive D-man.

I'm not writing either of them off, I actually see both of them making the show. However, I highly doubt they'll both stick with the Avs long term, as I see them both slotting in the #3/4 roll. Hopefully we give them a few more years and see which one is clearly better than the other, i'd hate to trade either one of them right now.