View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 10:17 AM
ozo

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Its all well and good in theory but how could you get Latvian league back to the it was in 2008? we just dont have the player resources
Well I feel, that's not really true. I'm not in a mood for a longer post, so I'll only say, that, if Ukraine can get a league going with laughable player their resources, then we certainly can.

Let's just think about how many players we have playing abroad (not in DR) over the age, lets say, 18? Theoretically how many ~25 man rosters we could assemble? Add to that Liepaja, which still is a solid team, add again fully-commited Lithuanian team, potential DR farm team. And let's not forget that there were plenty (low tier, truth be told) of Russian and Czech foreigners which seemed to do well enough on teams like Ogre and Daugavpils. If we believe that our average young player is more skilled than 5 years ago, we actually are not that far off having some decent building blocks in place already. But all we need is an iniciative, direction and some push from somewhere.

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote