View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 10:26 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
If you run a model of only focusing on the last year I can see why southern teams have to win to stay relevant. Fans in Montreal and Toronto will support their respective teams in good times and bad. The leafs could be as bad for another decade and still be a better draw than the southern teams.

Yeah the habs have made some bad decisions, but when we do we don't go crying to the rest of the league to bail us out, we eat them and move on.

If you think that the most successful hockey franchise who could likely draw more fans to an inter squad scrimmage than teams in non traditional markets do for real games is pathetic, that's fine by me. If the process of staying away from games to try and get management to implement the fans will is a valid perspective, the southern teams must have lots of beefs with management because they have largely perfected staying away.
I suspect when the Preds have their 75 year anniversary, they will be more beloved and more popular than those teams because they treat their fans much better than those two teams. If Nashville continues to be as well managed as they have been, they will be more popular.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote