View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 11:44 AM
n8estor
Rookie User

vCash: 500
After reading this thread I thought I would pick some brains. I have an issue trying to find the right skates. I want to go into a Bauer Supreme and I am torn between the One.9 and NXG. I am 5'7" and around 190lbs. The problem I run into is my foot fits into a D width in skates, but my toe area is wide so with the toecap area I tend to have discomfort in the area and end up getting rid of the skates after a year or so. I am currently in an x:60, but they are a hand me down from a former player I coach. So, they are worn to say the least. I used Graf 705 all through high school and juniors and have since bought two pairs in the last 7 years and hated them(g5, 705). The main question I would have would be I wear a 8d, but if I go to a wider width (EE) and go down a .5 size will this fix the issue with the toecap area? Thanks guys, this thread has helped me a ton in finding the perfect skates so far! Also, I was told by a guy a a local shop that since my heel is narrow I would not be a good fit into the Nexus, is this true? I also wore Reebok 11k and they broke down too quickly.

Last edited by n8estor: 01-01-2013 at 11:56 AM.