View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 11:15 AM
TkachevYak2Slepy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Lay Z Boy GM;56977055]Buy out Horcoff, no question. Not only is he making way too much money, he's just not that good at anything. He's not as good at faceoffs as he used to be, not that good on the PK, has no offense whatsoever. He's basically useless and getting paid like a superstar.

I don't even care if we're lacking a bottom 6 center. Sign some guy that can crash and bang and move Belanger up to the 3rd line, problem solved.

The days of having guys like Moreau and Horcoff as our team leaders are over, it's time to turn the page on this guy. Give Smyth the C, as we should have done years ago. Give A's to Hall and Eberle until one of them emerges as our captain. Smyth and Hemsky are the only Oilers vets that deserve to stay in my opinion [QUOTE]

Smyth would make a great captain. On the otherhand, I would trade Belanger away as fast as i could; just doesn't bring enough. Tambs traded away Brodziak because they wanted 'a more in your face' player , one who could help Horcoff shoulder the load on faceoffs - What did they get, even less grit, and even less scoring

TkachevYak2Slepy is offline   Reply With Quote