Thread: Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART V
View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 11:30 AM
InformTheMasses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
As for Strome, I think you're seeing in this tournament why he plays center and why he'll likely play center for the Islanders. It's where his game thrives. He's a passer, he likes to control the flow of the play, and likes to dictate where the offensive chances come from.

IMO, if he's played on the wing he'll be playing opposite his strengths. Strome's the kind of player best utilized when the offense goes through him. If he's moved to the wing, he'll be more of a secondary guy whose job it is to get open or to crash the net, rather than be the guy who carries the puck and sets up chances.

Yup, I said that earlier on in the thread, and people seem to be catching on to that, now that his games are more easily viewed on TV for WJC. I will say this though, on The PP Strome seems to make a lot of sense on Tavares' wing. You can have JT set up in the slot, have Strome work the sidewall, as he is excellent and making passes to the blueline, behind th net, and the slot from the sidewall position on the PP (he also opens up the PK box when he curls from the sidewall, usually creates a great shot for himself or makes a crisp pass to an open man down low once he breaks the box). All they would need then is a big winger with them to get in front of the net and win control of the puck behind the net if need be (for right now I'm thinking More Lee, Nelson Ullstrom as Nino's passing and turnovers are not NHL PP ready), and then it's a serious PP Unit.