Thread: Prospect Info: 2012-13 Prospect Updates
View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 12:38 PM
BigG44

vCash: 500
I just had a thought about a potential training camp starting soon and some of Dallas' non-AHL prospects.

Faksa and Ritchie will be done with the WJC by the 5th, and camp will potentially begin on the 11th or 12th. They're already away from their junior teams, and an extra week wouldn't hurt them. Plus, Ritchie is apparently dealing with more than one nagging injury so a week off from actual games could allow him to heal a bit.

I honestly don't expect either to be given a legitimate chance to earn an NHL spot. Despite the Reilly Smith situation, I just don't believe Dallas is the type of team to keep burning years on the ELC for partial seasons.

That also makes me wonder why the Isles and Bruins would burn valuable ELC years on Strome and Hamilton. You'd hope those two despite being NHL ready would just stay with Ritchie in Niagara for the rest of the year. To me, that's the logical move for a team like the Isles who are always looking for ways to spend less, and makes a ton of sense for a team like the Bruins who constantly spend to the cap.

That be a huge boost for Niagara and Ritchie.