View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 12:40 PM
wings5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
For once the team defense and goaltending are exceptionally strong. I had some doubts on defense but after watching all of the games, all of the defenseman have been winning battles, not getting beat 1 on 1, breaking up plays, etc.. I had complained about Zadorov not being there, but I will take that back now.

The biggest problem is scoring. Not surprised, Yakupov has made little impact, and the team definitely needs him to do something if they are going to win any big games.
I don't like how Varnakov has the guys playing a dump and chase styled game either. Against the Canadians it looked like Russia was trying to copy their game and it backfired miserably.

Also, not a fan of Mozer, wish a guy like Yakimov or Zlobin was in his stead. BTW. Zlobin dcored 3g3a in a game a few days ago.
I don't think he is making them play a dump and chase style, Russia like to hang one man high and try and spring him but it leaves them to enter the zone outnumbered and teams like Slovakia knew this and collapsed their players back to wait for the player entering the zone and then would take the puck. It was quite affective for them.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote