View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 01:05 PM
That

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Jesus. The kid is 18 years old, playing against the very best players in the world his own age, including some NHL level players, far from home, and you go on and on. Relax. I really can't stand massive analysis of 18 year old players. He's not a pro, he's a kid. At that age, it's skate, shoot, pass hard. That's what it should be. That's all.
I really can't stand when people don't like criticism of players. Galchenyuk is a 3rd overall pick, one whom many say they would take over the 1st overall pick. Additionally he's coming into one of the most unforgiving sports markets in the world. Because of those things, there's high expectations on his play. When you watch a player for so long, you expect a certain level of play, a certain level of compete and neither of those have been there.

Galchenyuk has not been the ferocious forechecker that he usually. He does not need to the puck on his stick to forecheck. He hasn't been the three zone player that he normally is either. Again, you don't need the puck on your stick to play in your own zone.

Yesterdays game may be the worst I've ever seen him play, but it's done and over with now. He recognizes that he has to be better, and with his work ethic he will play better. End of story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimyrmidon View Post
Thanks for the insight into his play over the past few games. Hopefully he finds the confidence/will to step it up in the medal round.

I asked for That's comments and he kindly obliged.
Thanks for the kind words.