View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 01:12 PM
mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
Thank you kindly, mapleleaf.

YEESH! Kirwan sounds a lot like Eric Lindros when he played as a 15 year old leading the St. Michaels Buzzers to a Metro Junior B and Provincial championship. If that's an apt comparison, WOW! I'm assuming he's not quite on par with Lindros as a 15 year old, as he'd be a sure fire number 1 overall pick, but Kirwan does sound very impressive.

Here's hoping he's on one of those thrown together American teams that comes to the OHL Cup. Would love to see him play. Especially against his age group.
Its funny u say Lindros, that was the one player that crossed my mind. He is a legit 215-220, Ive heard he is now 6-3, He had NHL size at 13-14. He plays Junior A level at 14-15, I believe Lindros was the last to play Junior A at 15? Im not 100% sure. Now kids get ES but years ago it was different. Kirwan and Greenway have the best physical gifts in the draft, in my opinion, if they come to the OHL. I do not expect the US and Ontario boys to go to the first team that wants them, one or several could fall because of not wanting to report to a certain team. Erie should have no issues, Peterborough might unless they get #1. The OHL wants all the ES players to go #! even though its not written in any rule. The ES candidate isnt told to go #1 but if the ES candidate says he doesnt want to go #1 because he does not want to play on a certain team (like Mcfarland to Erie several yrs ago) it does not go over well.

I dont see Kirwan even in his 3rd year in the OHL being a 80-100 point guy, but the 60-75 range, 30-40 goals with a physical presence. He is a better sniper than playmaker. Id love to see him get more Ice on the team he plays with now.