View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 01:32 PM
What the Faulk
Auggie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Faulk View Post
Tough call between the top 3 teams. Think the Giants take it, barely, with all 3 teams around 8-8/9-7. Skins aren't there yet.
Pretty wrong here. Was right about all the top 3 having a similar record but wrong about who the top 3 were.

Quote:
Packers easily. Bears are a strong WC while the Lions take a step back and miss the playoffs. Vikings aren't the worst team in the league,so there's that.
Fairly wrong here. Got the Packers right, the Lions right, the Bears closeish and totally missed the Vikings rebounding with AP going nuts.

Quote:
Tough call between the Falcons and Panthers. I want to say Carolina, but I don't think they're there yet. Atlanta probably takes it by a hair but Carolina gets a wildcard. Saints are lost for a year and the Bucs still suck.
Quote:
Beason, Davis and the Dline are actually healthy. They won't be great, but they'll be better. I don't buy Tampa being better for a second.
Beason wasn't healthy, but that defense was a TON better. Still, Carolina finished strong but never was a threat to take a wildcard spot. Got everything else right.

Quote:
SF takes it easily, but I think the other 3 teams put up more of a fight. If Bradford takes the next step, Rams could be dangerous. Seattle has Flynn, but he's a huge questionmark. Arizona probably takes a step back to 6ish wins.
SF took it, but not "easily". Bradford never took the next step though the Rams were kind of dangerous. Hit Arizona and that's it. Couldn't even get Seattle's QB right, though I had the same critique of Wilson coming into the season anyway.

Quote:
Pats easily. Bills have a strong season and make a push for the WC. Dolphins are mediocre again while the Jets continue to struggle and Sanchez/Ryan are run out of town after the season.
The Bills never made the push, but I nailed everything else. Ryan was almost run out of town.

Quote:
Ravens win a get one of the byes. Bengals also have a strong season and make the playoffs as a wildcard. Steelers just barely miss and Cleveland is Cleveland, though they do have so pieces in place finally.
Horrible typos aside, got this one almost perfectly too. Baltimore faded towards the end to miss a bye, but that's about it.

Quote:
Texans easily, and I have them in the SB if Schaub stays healthy. Titans again challenge for the WC with the Jags around 7 wins. Colts still suck. Luck isn't enough to get more than 4 wins.
Texans could still make the SB, though that's looking doubtful. Titans never challenged, and I really overrated the Jags and underrated the Colts just like everyone else.

Quote:
There's no way Denver doesn't win this. They have the best defense, the best coach and the best QB out of anyone. KC should rebound and challenge for a playoff spot, while the Chargers and Raiders continue to disappoint.
Hit Denver and really overrated KC. I don't know if I'd call what the Raiders did "disappointing" considering they never really were expected to do anything anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deekortiz3
I want to know from the folks picking the Broncos if they have even looked at their schedule.

Let's look...
Steelers - Loss
Falcons - Loss
Texans - Loss
Raiders - Loss
Patriots - Loss
Chargers - Win
Bye
Saints - Loss
Bengals - Win
Panthers - Win
Chargers - Win
Chiefs - Win
Bucs - Win
Raiders - Loss
Ravens - Loss
Browns - Win
Chiefs - Win

This team will be lucky to win two of their first 7 games and I don't see an 8-8 team winning the AFC West. Heck, I think if this team ends up going 0-4 or 1-5 from the start they might not even do as well as I predict in the second half of the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by What The Faulk
They could just as easily sweep the Raiders, beat the Steelers (again), a lost Saints team and an overrated Texans team.

And Palmer a better season then Manning? Manning will throw 30+ TDs. Palmer will be lucky to hit 25.
Manning threw 37 and looked like an MVP, Palmer threw 22 and is pretty much done in Oakland. And I correctly predicted the result of 14 of the Broncos' 16 games. The only ones I missed were calling the Texans a win and keeping the Ravens as a loss.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote