View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 02:23 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
You're over-analyzing things. Regardless of what you think of Harrington's hockey sense or ability to read plays, the fact is he's not putting up points in juniors as a 19 year old on a fairly strong team, and he never has. He's not going to suddenly start putting up points in the pros just because he's playing with more talented players. It doesn't work that way, ever.

I know that stats aren't everything.. but when it comes to judging a player's offensive abilities, stats are pretty close to everything.

Yes, but I also get to watch most of London's games and all of the WJCs games, and I specifically scout our players or guys of interest. And I am telling you, from my own viewing, that Harrington is SPECIFICALLY NOT used in offensive situations, aside from some 2nd unit PP time (because London uses 4 forwards on the PP); and is usually paired up with guys who are more offensive, causing Harrington to be the defensive conscience on the ice.

I'm not saying he's going to be a 50-point guy at the NHL level. What I am saying is that I think he's very capable of scoring 5-8 goals and 25-30 points at the NHL level, is VERY good when he chooses to jump into the rush (which isn't often enough, perhaps his only weakness or a function of playing with more offensive partners), and he is a guy who is a legitimate option for a 2nd unit PP duty.

jmelm is offline   Reply With Quote