View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 03:17 PM
harpoon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
It's funny that the same posters who are big Gagner fans also do anything to discredit Dubnyk.
I guess I don't see any connection between the two .... I mean is it funny that the same guys who are big MPS fans are big Dubnyk supporters as well? Seems like a pretty random correlation to me.

I also wonder where you get that idea that anyone in this thread has been doing their best to "discredit Dubnyk". What I see is a handful of posters going overboard and saying that he was "unreal" , "spectacular" and so on.

I think I've watched hockey for enough years to know what an "unreal" goaltending performance looks like, and that wasn't it imo. Are these comments so offensive to Dubnyk fans that we have to watch them go full ****** in this thread?

Quote:
If anything the fact that he not only kept his head above water but actually played pretty well with some horrible defense in front of him is commendable and should serve as a major positive for him going forward.
So the defense was horrible, but the shooters he faced were lethal? Not sure how that works.

The Spengler is a second rate tournament, always has been. That Dubnyk didn't embarrass himself in the tournament is nice, especially since he hasn't played any hockey this year that I know of, but I really don't see how three games (on international ice against over-matched opponents) can be seen a "major positive" for him going forward.

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote