View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Deku Scrub
BOP

vCash: 500

Canadiens Trade Up in Draft, Select Seth Jones

"First of all, we'd like to congratulate the Chicago Blackhawks on their Stanley Cup championship," said Habs GM Deku Scrub at the podium. "We'd also like to thank our great fans in Montreal - it's been a rough last two years. And also the Los Angeles Kings, for giving us this 3rd overall pick."

That's right, the Canadiens made another blockbuster trade - Deku Scrub's second trade since taking over the franchise. Before the 2013 NHL Entry Draft began in New Jersey on Monday, he sent the 6th overall pick, the 68th pick, and forward prospect Louis Leblanc to LA in exchange for the 3rd overall pick and right winger Tyler Toffoli. "We really didn't have room for Louis, which is why I decided to shop him." GM Deku Scrub commented after the draft. "LA showed interest, and we were able to make a deal. We've already got Galchenyuk, Eller, Plekanec, and White at the center postion, to name a few. I also know that Tyler Toffoli is a great young winger - I saw him play junior in Ottawa, he was fantastic. Of course, trading up to 3rd overall was just icing on the cake."

Now back to the draft: "Let's get right to it." said Mr. Scrub. "With the 3rd overall pick, the Montreal Canadiens are proud to select, from Portland of the WHL, Seth Jones."

"Oooh, this is a great pick for Montreal!" exclaimed TSN's Pierre McGuire, on the air. "Their fans are gonna be happy. They really need defenseman, so this isn't much of a surprise to me, but Seth Jones is a franchise player. He might not crack the NHL roster this year, but he's only a year or two off. Get ready Montreal - you've got a great player here. I can't wait to see him alongside PK Subban!"

(Seth Jones is 18 years old, 69 overall, with 4.5 green stars.)