View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 04:48 PM
That

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I've noticed the same. Great call. Hope you're right!
Me too. It seems like every time he has a poor game, he follows it up with a very good one. Galchenyuk is due for a huge game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
And he's what, second leading scorer in the tournament... at only 18 years old? While I'm one to usually bring people down to earth with their expectations, especially with prospects, what Galchenyuk is doing at this tournament, with limited ice time, is nothing short of amazing. Gotta give credit where credit is due. Remember folks: he was picked 3rd overall, not first...
I'm not trying to discredit Galchenyuk's scoring, because he's been on the scoresheet every time the US has played. I was expecting around point-per-game this tournament, he's exceeded it. What makes it even more impressive is that it's a tournament for 19 year olds and he hasn't been playing good. This HFBoards though, most people will just look at the stats a month from now and Galchenyuk was playing awesome. Or he'll have a big game and everyone will forget about his poor games.

His individual play has lots of room to improve. Outside of the shifts where he has gotten points and a handful of shifts that he hasn't, he's been invisible. Which isn't his style at all. He always implicates himself in the play and that just isn't happening right now.

Galchenyuk's production is incredible, his overall play has not been.

I remember FrankMTL posting that the entire 2012 draft class, other than Trouba, has been underwhelming. I find that very interesting. In comparison to Yakupov, Forsberg, Girgorenko, and Faksa, Galchenyuk has been pretty good.