View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 05:01 PM
Bomber0104

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaNewf View Post
That's an awfully myopic view on the structure of the team. While Burke has not moved the team in a positive direction on the scoreboard, he has been GM of the Leafs for a relatively short period of time. In that time he has significantly enhanced the teams future.

But if you are only going to talk standings, then yes, we haven't climbed up the charts you are absolutely right. That is however, just a wrong way to look at how to build a hockey club.
The way Brian Burke has structured the team hasnt improved the team in any quantifiable way.

Every team adds to the future every draft, and through trades. The Leafs are no different in that way than any other team.

That's why we analyze the prospects in the system and compare them to how the other GMs have been building for their future, and the consensus has found that Toronto is average

Bringing context to THAT fact now, we see that Toronto has been one of the worst teams in the league thanks to Burke, and despite this, our prospects are only AVERAGE.

Most teams that are one of the worst teams in the league for many years have better than average prospects and pieces on their team.

So, pardon me, but I think I am analyzing quite well with the information we do in fact have.

I don't believe our future is as bright as it should be considering how awful the teams Burke has iced have been.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote