View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Odelein24

vCash: 500
I think it feels like we havent gone anywhere because so many of our picks and prospects were traded away the last 5-7 years. With this year's haul at the draft, we have just started to climb out of the rot the organization was trapped in.

No one should be surprised that the bulldogs forwards are underwhelming, they have:

1. Early injuries to "vets" (Leblanc, Geoffrion, Palushaj)
2. Unimpressive AHL signings.
3. Incredibly green defense corps.
4. AHL on hard mode due to lock out.
5. Focus on drafting defencemen in previous years.

IMO we will see more of a focus on drafting forwards now, as our last draft has shown (Gally, Collberg, Bozon, Hudon). I believe we will draft forward heavy in the next draft as well.

The excitement from the bulldogs this year is a defense corps that has what looks to be 2-3 guys who will be MINIMUM top 6 D in the NHL. (Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis)

IMO you build a team from the net out because your goaltender takes the longest to develop, followed by your defencemen and then your forwards. We have our blue chip goaltender in Carey Price.
We have a defense that will be lead by another blue chipper in Subban (McD should be the other leader dammit).
And we now look like we're building a forward corp which will be lead possibly by Patches and/or Gally.

People forget that drafting is but 1 of 3 parts to building a winner. The other parts being trades and free agent signings.

I like Berg, he exudes a level of intelligence, confidence and passion that PG could only hope to dream of.

Last edited by Odelein24: 01-01-2013 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Typo
Odelein24 is offline   Reply With Quote