View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 04:51 PM
BUX7PHX

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Getzlaf, Zajac, Ribeiro Weiss, Filppula, and Roy have expiring contracts and will likely get fat contracts. Guys probably looking for reasonable deals include Connolly, McDonald, Bozak, Lombardi, Cullen. We probably have a decent shot at some of those names if Donald Fehr decides to cancel the NHL. There are also a ton of wingers available.

So let's say Fehr gets his way and destroys the season but the PA manages to ouster him before he destroys the entire sport.

Why sacrifice hugely valuable assets like Yandle, Gormley or Rundblad? Let's at least try dipping into the UFA pool first.
There are a lot of wild-cards, in terms of contracts. Stalberg may be available, but we would have to have a pretty generous starting offer, as the Hawks are going to be trying to get Frolik signed long-term, and they need to spend some money on a capable plug for Crawford. Horton is coming off injury, and we could get him cheap.

Now, if we did do a deal - I think Buffalo would be the first team that we should talk to - I think they have 4 D that are FAs, 3 of them UFAs. It might be worth it to see what a deal involving Stone or Summers might fetch. It might be a stretch to say Rundblad for Stafford, but I think that a pick would have to come to us for that to happen.

Like rt said - this is only of all possible FA decisions are exhausted, and I think we could stand to make an impact there, rather than make trades...