View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 500
Anisimov, either Tyutin or Wiz, and Mason for Luongo and Raymond.

Anisimov has tools to be a shut down center, and still has offensive instincts to make him threatening with the puck, but is woefully inconsistent. If nothing else, I think AV could make use of him and bring some consistency to his game.

Wiz just signed a big contract with Columbus, and frankly I don't see them wanting to move him right away, but he's a righty, physical, can score, can set up plays and will stick up for his team mates. He's perfect for a top 4 defender on this team to compliment Garrison, Edler or even Ballard (a PP pairing).

If Wizniewski is too much to surrender, Tyutin plays a smarter game, but is prone to brainfarts now and again, and to be honest, I don't know how he would pan out on the right hand side. A safer bet, I'd have him out with a lead before anyone but Hamhuis on our team, and he's about 1 million cheaper in terms of cap space.

Mason is purely a cap dump for Columbus, and needn't be included for our sake. Substitute a 2nd round pick if they would rather flip him themselves.

Columbus has the strength at center to cover the loss of Anisimov, as Brassard, Prospal, Dubinsky, Johansen, Mackenzie and Letestu are all natural centers, and their defence, aside from either Wiz or Tyutin remaining, also have the newly added Johnson, Aucoin, Nikitin, Moore and other youngsters like Murray, Erixon, Savard and even Ruth that could be ready to fill in.

Mason has had a steady decline in his play since his rookie season, but the guy has talent. I think shake up could be what he needs, playing with a more successful team, be it here, or some where like Chicago or another playoff team looking for an inexpensive starter or someone that could platoon. An easy flip, or a back up with NHL experience for us at a higher price tag then I'd like.

Raymond is a great talent, but like most Canucks fans on these boards I don't think he has a fit here anymore with so many other tweener wingers on the roster. He has played RW and even center in the past, and even with some of the above mentioned centers presumably playing wing, Foligno and Umberger are their only natural top 6 wingers. I see a good fit for him there

I think Anisimov, due to age, relative success with a playoff team in NY and potential, as being more valuable then Bozak.

Wiz, ideally, would be more valuable then anyone the Leafs could afford to surrender on D, and would be more useful then their wingers.

Mason is the piece being upgraded for Columbus, and holds no extra value to me, I'd gladly substitute a pick, but having 3 potential goalies with 1+ million dollar cap hits isn't ideal.

FORWARDS
R.J. Umberger ($4.600m) / Derick Brassard ($3.200m) / Brandon Dubinsky ($4.200m)
Nick Foligno ($3.083m) / Ryan Johansen ($1.945m) / Derek Dorsett ($1.633m)
Mason Raymond ($2.275m) / Vinny Prospal ($2.500m) / Jared Boll ($1.050m)
Mark Letestu ($0.625m) / Derek MacKenzie ($1.000m) / Colton Gillies ($0.625m)
Cam Atkinson ($0.875m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Jack Johnson ($4.357m) / Fedor Tyutin ($4.500m)
Adrian Aucoin ($2.250m) / Ryan Murray ($3.525m)
John Moore ($0.965m) / Nikita Nikitin ($2.150m)
Tim Erixon ($1.750m) / David Savard ($0.917m)
GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Sergei Bobrovsky ($1.750m)
BUYOUTS
Mike Commodore ($1.542m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $56,650,642; BONUSES: $5,922,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $18,814,358

Without Mason.

Please forgive the lines, I have no idea how the Blue Jackets will look at the start of this season.