01-01-2013, 07:05 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh66 View Post
lol Garbage eh?

Bozak is a very underrated two-way center that was forced into a spot that isn't meant for him. He still had the same ppg as Kesler did last year, he continued to put up points even when he wasn't on the big line.

Franson's ppg would have been top 4 for Vancouver Dmen last year, and he was misused in the eyes of many Leaf fans by Ron Wilson.

I don't see how these guys are 'garbage' and both would improve the Canucks. Kadri is still a very good prospect, to think he wouldn't fit into your system is unknown at this point. Kadri is a skilled player who is chippy and agitates opponents, he also draws a ton of penalties and with Vancouver's PP that would be great.

But then again, we'll see what Luongo is traded for when it all goes down. I remember what people on this board expected to get in return for hodgson, reality will taste bitter again

Also, LiquidSnake...awesome name!
To be considered a 2-way player that suggests you are actually good at both ends of the rink: something that Bozak is not. It's sad how much this label is thrown around that it's essentially become meaningless. Bozak is not good defensively at all, and his offensive numbers when compared to his linemates production is shockingly low.

Franson doesn't have any trade value and should be nothing more than a throw-in. He was essentially traded as a sweetener for the Leafs to take on the Lombardi contract last year, and his play has actually gotten worse. I don't see what he has done to increase in value.

I don't see where either of these players would play (Bozak probably the fourth line, and Franson probably the bottom pairing/press box) so I don't see how either of these guys improves our team. All they really do is plug a spot and prevent someone else from coming in, at the expense of an elite top 5 goalie.

Kadri has started to look better in the AHL at this point; however, defensively he leaves a lot to be desired. We all know how AV just loves rookies who can't play defensive hockey. That's the reason why I would be hesitant to waste an asset like Luongo on an enigmatic prospect.