View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 06:19 PM
lakeheadu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmarketmob View Post
Not entirely recruiting, but Lakehead defenceman Danick Malouin has decided to leave their program due to lack of ice time. The second half of the season should see the return of Jay Gilbert and Mitch Fillman according to a Lakehead press release, which leaves Malouin as an 8th/9th defenceman. He has over 230 games in the QMJHL and good size at 6'4. I am kind of surprised at some of the players who have played more than him this year (he has dressed for only 3 regular season games).

The press release mentioned he may consider moving to a school closer to home. Perhaps he will reappear at a new CIS school.
I think that the last straw for him was not getting into the lineup for either of the exhibition games this past weekend vs McGill. I dont blame him. I dont get why he couldnt at least get in there for one of those games. Fillman and Gilbert are back and did play both games vs McGill.

Our top 4 are pretty clear cut IMO - Fillman/Quesnele/Sagert/De La Lande. That leaves only 2 spots for DeLory, Maw, McIntosh, Gilbert, even after Malouin leaves. I do think that the only one that he's possibly better than is McIntosh, but I still would have liked to have seen him get a game in every now and then. There wasnt that big of a talent level difference for him not to be playing at all.

He would turn the puck over in our own end a little more than some of the others, and I guess that's why they werent using him. He also liked to join the rush on the offensive end. Sometimes he picked the wrong times to do that, but he hardly did anything to warrant not playing for months. He was pretty solid last year, given that he was only a freshman. I'm sure that there are teams out there in the CIS that could use him.

lakeheadu is offline   Reply With Quote