Old
01-01-2013, 07:51 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosbyfan View Post
Eddie Shore was in a class of his own.
Don Cherry has said that the only person who actually liked Shore was Brian Kilrea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overpass View Post
You aren't in a position to confirm anything about the effects of Eddie Shore's back manipulation.

Shore had enough enemies that I'm sure we'd hear all about the guy whose back he wrecked if it had actually happened.

Yes, Shore deserves to be mentioned very prominently in this thread. Players hated him, and with very good reason. But I don't think there's any reason to believe that he was incompetent or didn't know what he was doing. Shore was a great player, a successful coach who won five Calder Cups as a coach, and a successful businessman as an owner. What exactly did Shore have to gain by ending a lot of careers through cracking backs? He was a first-class *******, not a bumbling incompetent.
There were a few players who have said that Shore's catch-all medical cure for any sickness, illness, malaise, or other issue was either some magical concoction (apparently a laxative oil) or drops of iodine (which he gave out like water).

Mayor Bee is online now   Reply With Quote