View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Steve55

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontdive View Post
I often hear from announcers about how when it's 4 on 4 (skaters) due to penalties, the game becomes much more exciting, with a lot more opportunities to show fancy moves, and a lot more scoring chances.

Now I know this would offend a lot of hockey purists out there to go 4 on 4 permanently, but let's not forget hockey used to have even one more skater than it does now (the rover position). It was eliminated and I don't think I've ever heard anybody saying we should get it back. Somehow the game survived, then.

In other words, I don't think the number of skaters we have now is necessarily some sacred number that could never possibly be tampered with.

And whether or not you think the game would become better or worse - how about more popular, even if the change is otherwise not worth it? Would the (likely) increased scoring lead to more fans in the southern US, for example? This is obviously a separate debate, but related enough to keep as part of this thread.

Just throwing this all out there. I think it's worthy of debate, at the very least.
Personally I hope it never happens. With that aside, the PA will likely have an issue with it anyway.

Steve55 is offline   Reply With Quote