View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
Sometimes you have to cut your losses. What are the metrics that suggest that these markets are working towards self sustainability? When I ask I hear sell outs ( papered numbers or tickets at cut throat prices), I hear % increase in youth hockey registration when the real numbers are paltry, I hear about the great players these teams have and how well they did on the ice which completely conflates two interdependent but fundamentally distinct ideas. And the grand daddy of them all" we need more time, just keep the checks flowing and shut your mouths and ten somehow miraculously we are going to turn a troubled team into a stable team overnight"
Could this information presented to you also be incorrect?? The media in Canada is misrepresenting some of these markets. IE when Baldy tried to move the Preds there was a rally to save the team. Several of the prospective local owners were interviewed that day by TSN, Globe & mail, ect and were called liars by the media people when they gave the number of attendees for the rally. IE the reporters wanted very low numbers to report and still reported the attendance as less than 5000 even though the rally had over 8000 and over 12000 people came there during the day before the rally. Got any real proof of papers houses? Because the Canadian media distorts any real numbers.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote