View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Habsterix*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
[...]This HFBoards though, most people will just look at the stats a month from now and Galchenyuk was playing awesome. Or he'll have a big game and everyone will forget about his poor games.

His individual play has lots of room to improve. Outside of the shifts where he has gotten points and a handful of shifts that he hasn't, he's been invisible. Which isn't his style at all. He always implicates himself in the play and that just isn't happening right now.

Galchenyuk's production is incredible, his overall play has not been.
See I strongly disagree. One the one hand, you acknowledge that he's younger than the others, that he produces every game and on the other hand, you're criticizing his supposedly lack of consistency. It's normal for young players when at the highest level, to be a bit inconsistent.

It's relative and I find unfortunate that people, you included, may have unrealistic expectations on such prospects. I repeat what I've said before: he is the most productive 18 year old at the tournament and mostly, mostly, he was a third overall pick, not a first overall. You may see that as insignificant but it is extremely significant. Imagine the critic on Yakupov then... and imagine Galchenyuk at this tournament in a year from now, at the same age as the others!

Bottom line is that Galchenyuk is not only having a good tournament, he's living up to most fans' expectations when taking into consideration his age, his draft rank, the ice time and the lines-mates he's being given.