Thread: Value of: Tomas Plekanec
View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Hugo Sham

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
It is highly likely that either one of Plekanec or Desharnais gets traded soon enough and if that is management's plan I hope they use their brains and maximize the value we get in return instead of how we've been handling veterans in the past.

I don't like your eternal mediocrity plan and don't forget the "Mickey Mouse" organization comment by Gretzky (NJ) and the "Dead Wings". When those teams sucked, they really sucked, but that was so long ago.
huh? NJ and Detroit got better because of smart drafting NOT necessarily high picks + a host of other solid management decisions. imbeciles have run the Habs. it's a miracle we haven't been worse. I'm not even going to bother discussing trades that have set franchise back last two decades. point is to bring it back on topic is that a rebuild/ tank / whatever is not necessary - competency is. and trading plekanecs is not a competent move. not even close. there is not a center on team who can do what he does. Yet. when that day arrives, we can talk, otherwise trading him creates one hole to fill another.

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote