View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 10:30 PM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
Arcobello is many things, tough on skates, tough as nails, but I don't think he's a grinding centre. Finesse #2 centre in Gagner's build.

He's going to be a downgrade. The question is, how much of a downgrade?
---
Here's my line in the sand - Arcobello is producing well with a healthy Eberle and Hall. BUT we haven't seen what a great (RNH) centre can do with those two, because when RNH left, Hall was only then getting his wheels back.

Who knows? Maybe even Lander or Horcoff () could produce with those two. Let's not forget this isn't actually the NHL, it's still the AHL. Not a knock on his gargantuan performance when this team is about as top heavy has anything in existence. It's just a little premature to sell off Gagner, who I'd argue has been given a little bit of a short stick in his time here yet has still produced at the NHL level, for a player that has yet to produce at the NHL level.
Todd Marchant wasn't a grinding center, nor are guys like Frans Nielsen, and he would be one of the best shut down centers in the league if he didn't have to play top 6 on the Islanders. Marchant had grinding wingers to do the grinding part, and Arcobello has the tools to become the same type of player.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote