View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 10:47 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
I think Tangradi will be more than a 4th liner. He should be given a spot in the top 9. I think Jeffrey is trade bait sooner or later. Don't see a role on the team for him unless he translates his game to wing.

If Martin is still a train wreck. I wouldn't mind seeing what Nisky can do with Letang. Plays a simple game, pretty reliable in his own end, likes playing the left side and succeeded before in a big role with a #1 D-man. Wouldn't be a bad stopgap option. And see if a guy like Despres can work with Orpik.

I see it the other way around. I think it's top-6 (or perhaps top-9) or bust with Tangradi, and he's not really contributing much if he's not scoring. With Jeffrey, however, if he's fully healed and his skating is still improved, then he is a very versatile player who can play PK, 2nd unit PP, add some legitimate offense to the 4th line, etc. He's played at a higher level and with more consistency than Tangradi ever has, so I think he has a better chance of sticking around.

As for the second point: I don't like Nisky with Letang. As bad as Orpik may be at times, he brings some size to that pair and covers more ice than Nisky. We know Niskanen was good last year and should continue to improve, but I don't believe he's a top-pairing Dman. Letang will play with Martin, Orpik, Despres or Dumoulin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Ill also add, if Calgary is one of those bubble teams that has a bad start, I think Shero is going after Iggy if available. We have assets that a team would covet in a rebuild.

No way. CGY are stupid and stubborn, and you'd have to really twist their arm to let Iggy go (i.e. an offer they can't refuse). Why make that trade when we have as good a chance as any team in the league to sign him as a UFA. If we trade for a forward, it will be a younger guy in more of a strait-up, smaller trade (i.e. Orpik for Setoguchi, etc.)