View Single Post
Old
01-01-2013, 11:55 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

vCash: 500
iihf article on Vasilevski

http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/n...html?tx_ttnews[backPid]=187&cHash=13f22ddbd5
Quote:
“Do you dream of performing for Salavat Yulayev?” the reporters persisted.

“Maybe when I turn 40 and come back from the USA,” Vasilevski said with a grin. “If everything goes right, I will come back there to end my career. If there’s a serious chance, I would play [for Salavat Yulayev] with pleasure, but I wasn't given a chance.”

“So, your path will take you over the ocean?”

“Yes, I will leave the very next year,” said Vasilevski. “I'd like to thank Tampa Bay for drafting me so high [19th overall in 2012]. To be the first goalie chosen in the draft is a big honour for me. I didn't even dream about it. Probably, I was chosen so high because of my performance for the U20 national team of Russia.”

“Tampa is searching for a good young goalie,” Vasilevski continued. “That goalie is me. But the road to the NHL can be long. I was asked if I am ready to play a couple of years for the farm team. I said I'm ready. I need to develop, and if I am not able to play for the first squad in Ufa, what am I doing here? If I stop developing at my age, that can end my career. And I want to follow the example of Sergei Bobrovski, who came to training camp and very soon started to play for the Philadelphia Flyers.”
Quote:
“I don't have a contract in Ufa for the next year, so I am not sure exactly where I’ll play,” said Vasilevski. “I don't know what will happen, but I want to play in the NHL badly.”

Here’s an interesting point. “Vasya” – that's the nickname for Vasilevski – tried to wear his Tampa Bay t-shirt for the Russian team’s open media day, but the staff told him not to.