View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 01:20 AM
Ugene Malkin
Oh..Well!

vCash: 500
Unless some moves after the CBA is signed are note worthy, I don't see them as legitimate contenders.

It's going to take time for this team to gel after the changes with only half a season to do it.

The PP is an area of still having concerns trying to figure out the points, and trying to figure out how to realistically manage both Sid and Geno along the right boards. I'm still in favor of two solid PP units splitting them up having two full minutes of a top unit out there at all times.

Kunitz, Malkin, Neal---------Dupuis, Crosby, Sutter

___?___& Letang<---------->Orpik? & Niskanen

Do you take a chance with Despres on the top unit or out source it via trade. There will be a trade but to what extent.

Martin & Engelland mop up when the PP is over.

They still will lack covering the net in front of either Fleury or Volkoun. Orpik is the only reliable candidate, and if I remember hearing right, had they known clutching and grabbing was gonna be let go so much they would have given Gill a lifetime contract. Whether they see someone in the ranks worthy of this role or if they outsource this problem via trade. Either way I see the defensive aspect being *more* of a need. At least until someone grows into it. We could use Gonchar but he'd be a liability on the back end in our zone.

I agree with, jmelm. Jeffrey over, Tangradi. You have your back up face-off guy who can play wing. Versatility over an underachiever.

Just many questions that don't have answers.